relief in Chinese
[ ri'li:f ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "relief"Synonyms of "relief""relief" in a sentence"relief" meaning
- A comic scene follows by way of relief .
- Faith is an uncertain relief .
- Her feelings were part anger , part relief .
- An idea came to my relief .
- Please give generously to famine relief .
- His humor provided some welcome light relief .
- Both the letters were almost a relief to him .
- The remark gave me some relief .
- He gives them a relief from good manners .
- The strains will build up without relief .
- the act of reducing something unpleasant (as pain or annoyance); "he asked the nurse for relief from the constant pain"
Synonyms: easing, easement, alleviation,
- the act of freeing a city or town that has been besieged; "he asked for troops for the relief of Atlanta"
- aid for the aged or indigent or handicapped; "he has been on relief for many years"
- assistance in time of difficulty; "the contributions provided some relief for the victims"
Synonyms: succor, succour, ministration,
- sculpture consisting of shapes carved on a surface so as to stand out from the surrounding background
Synonyms: relievo, rilievo, embossment, sculptural relief,
- a change for the better
Synonyms: easing, moderation,
- the feeling that comes when something burdensome is removed or reduced; "as he heard the news he was suddenly flooded with relief"
Synonyms: alleviation, assuagement,
- someone who takes the place of another (as when things get dangerous or difficult); "the star had a stand-in for dangerous scenes"; "we need extra employees for summer fill-ins"
Synonyms: stand-in, substitute, reliever, backup, backup man, fill-in,
- (law) redress awarded by a court; "was the relief supposed to be protection from future harm or compensation for past injury?"
- the condition of being comfortable or relieved (especially after being relieved of distress); "he enjoyed his relief from responsibility"; "getting it off his conscience gave him some ease"
- a pause for relaxation; "people actually accomplish more when they take time for short rests"
Synonyms: respite, rest, rest period,
"relief television" in Chinese, "relief printing" in Chinese, "relief map" in Chinese, "relief valve" in Chinese, "high relief" in Chinese, "comedy relief" in Chinese, "relief telescope" in Chinese, "comic relief" in Chinese, "inkind relief" in Chinese, "relictus" in Chinese, "relictus solitarius" in Chinese, "relide" in Chinese, "relie gull" in Chinese, "relied displacement" in Chinese, "relief (orographic) rain" in Chinese, "relief 1" in Chinese, "relief 2" in Chinese, "relief a ealing" in Chinese,