rear in Chinese
[ riə ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "rear"Synonyms of "rear""rear" in a sentence"rear" meaning
- The great apes pair and rear their young .
- The mountains reared their crests into the clouds .
- Only the worn-out dogs we use in our rear .
- You have reared them to this pitch .
- The distant light-house reared high .
- The rear end of our car was smashed .
- He was reared in the lap of luxury .
- One of his children had been reared here .
- Banks reared their vast newly-built magnificence .
- We attacked the enemy in the rear .
- located in or toward the back or rear; "the chair''s rear legs"; "the rear door of the plane"; "on the rearward side"
Synonyms: rearward, Verb
- construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
Synonyms: raise, erect, set up, put up,
- stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds; "The horse reared in terror"
Synonyms: rise up,
- cause to rise up
- bring up; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
Synonyms: raise, bring up, nurture, parent,
- rise up; "The building rose before them"
Synonyms: rise, lift, Noun
- the side that goes last or is not normally seen; "he wrote the date on the back of the photograph"
- the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonyms: buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass,
- the back of a military formation or procession; "infantrymen were in the rear"
- the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer; "he stood at the back of the stage"; "it was hidden in the rear of the store"
- the side of an object that is opposite its front; "his room was toward the rear of the hotel"
Synonyms: backside, back end,
"rearer" in Chinese, "rear vassal" in Chinese, "rear most" in Chinese, "rear admiral" in Chinese, "rear guard" in Chinese, "reappraisal surplus" in Chinese, "reappraisal surplus-fixed assets" in Chinese, "reappraisal surplus-material" in Chinese, "reappraise" in Chinese, "reappropriation" in Chinese, "rear 1" in Chinese, "rear 2" in Chinese, "rear abutment pressure" in Chinese, "rear air boundary" in Chinese,