rate in Chinese
[ reit ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "rate"Synonyms of "rate"Use "rate" in a sentence
- Interest rates are running at record levels .
- Electricity and gas rates are not going up .
- I shall never get to twenty at that rate !
- It makes no difference to the count rate .
- The resulting transfer rate is 110 baud .
- At any rate it would not open any of the doors .
- The graph shows a bulge in the birth rate .
- His prime task is to lower the tax rate .
- That task rates low on my priority list .
- The rate of discount in london is now 5% .
- the relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
- amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis; "a 10-minute phone call at that rate would cost $5"
Synonyms: charge per unit,
- a quantity or amount or measure considered as a proportion of another quantity or amount or measure; "the literacy rate"; "the retention rate"; "the dropout rate"
- a magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit; "they traveled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"; "the rate of change was faster than expected"
- assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
Synonyms: rank, range, order, grade, place,
- estimate the value of; "How would you rate his chances to become President?"; "Gold was rated highly among the Romans"
- be worthy of or have a certain rating; "This bond rates highly"