rack in Chinese
[ ræk ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "rack"Synonyms of "rack""rack" in a sentence"rack" meaning
- A coughing fit racked her whole body .
- We racked our brains for an answer .
- Marsha's body was racked with sobs .
- My ingenuity is on the rack to find a good excuse .
- Officials racked their minds for a solution .
- Our brother is upon the rack .
- He was racking his brain for a course of action .
- I'm racking my brain to find a way to keep head above water .
- My brain is continually on the rack about the means of living .
- Anxiety kept him on the rack .
- a rapid gait of a horse in which each foot strikes the ground separately
- a form of torture in which pain is inflicted by stretching the body
- a support for displaying various articles; "the newspapers were arranged on a rack"
- framework for holding objects
- an instrument of torture that stretches or disjoints or mutilates victims
- the destruction or collapse of something; "wrack and ruin"
- rib section of a forequarter of veal or pork or especially lamb or mutton
- torture on the rack
- seize together, as of parallel ropes of a tackle in order to prevent running through the block
- work on a rack; "rack leather"
- stretch to the limits; "rack one''s brains"
- torment emotionally or mentally
Synonyms: torment, torture, excruciate,
- draw off from the lees; "rack wine"
- fly in high wind
- run before a gale
- go at a rack; "the horses single-footed"
- obtain by coercion or intimidation; "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"
Synonyms: extort, squeeze, gouge, wring,
- put on a rack and pinion; "rack a camera"
"racking" in Chinese, "toast rack" in Chinese, "plate rack" in Chinese, "luggage rack" in Chinese, "rack car" in Chinese, "cloud rack" in Chinese, "rack railway" in Chinese, "rack rail" in Chinese, "mess rack" in Chinese, "racital" in Chinese, "raciti" in Chinese, "raciu" in Chinese, "raciula" in Chinese, "racja" in Chinese, "rack a tackle" in Chinese, "rack adapter beam" in Chinese, "rack alarm circuit" in Chinese, "rack alarm indicator" in Chinese,