quiver in Chinese
[ 'kwivə ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "quiver"Use "quiver" in a sentence
- His finely chiselled nostrils quivered .
- He quivered and watched it eagerly .
- It was only the last quiver of his egoism .
- Her whole frame was quivering with passion .
- He could feel the sick quiver inside his stomach .
- There was a quiver in his lips now .
- His whole face quivered with emotion .
- A quiver of fear went through her .
- His voice was quivering .
- He was seeing again how she quivered and hung on his words .
- the act of vibrating
Synonyms: vibration, quivering,
- case for holding arrows
- an almost pleasurable sensation of fright; "a frisson of surprise shot through him"
Synonyms: frisson, shiver, chill, shudder, thrill, tingle,
- a shaky motion; "the shaking of his fingers as he lit his pipe"
Synonyms: shaking, shakiness, trembling, quivering, vibration, palpitation, Verb
- move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
Synonyms: flicker, waver, flitter, flutter,
- move with or as if with a regular alternating motion; "the city pulsated with music and excitement"
Synonyms: pulsate, beat,
- shake with fast, tremulous movements; "His nostrils palpitated"
Synonyms: quake, palpitate,