quarter in Chinese
[ 'kwɔ:tə ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "quarter"Use "quarter" in a sentence
past tense: quartered past participle: quartered plural: quarters present participle: quartering
- The rent is due at the end of each quarter .
- In 1832, supply was taken for five quarters .
- Three quarters of the record consists of music .
- I had the news from a good quarter .
- It replaces the former quarter sessions .
- Laws don't all come from the same quarter .
- Her travels had taken her to every quarter of the globe .
- Our coaches are going to beef up the quarter backs .
- Tito was making his way rapidly in high quarters .
- They found quarters in a village .
- clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent; "he surrendered but asked for quarter"
- piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- the rear part of a ship
Synonyms: stern, after part, poop, tail,
- a district of a city having some distinguishing character; "the Latin Quarter"
- an unspecified person; "he dropped a word in the right quarter"
- a United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar; "he fed four quarters into the slot machine"
- a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
- a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
- one of four equal parts; "a quarter of a pound"
Synonyms: one-fourth, fourth, one-quarter, fourth part, twenty-five percent, quartern,
- one of the four major division of the compass; "the wind is coming from that quarter"
- a fourth part of a year; three months; "unemployment fell during the last quarter"
- one of four periods into which the school year is divided; "the fall quarter ends at Christmas"
- a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour; "it''s a quarter til 4"; "a quarter after 4 o''clock"
- (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided; "both teams scored in the first quarter"
- divide by four; divide into quarters
- divide into quarters; "quarter an apple"
- pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him; "in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes"
Synonyms: draw, draw and quarter,
- provide housing for (military personnel)
Synonyms: billet, canton,
"quartered" in Chinese, "quarter day" in Chinese, "winter quarters" in Chinese, "quarter bell" in Chinese, "quarter section" in Chinese, "quarter boards" in Chinese, "quarter tone" in Chinese, "quarter line" in Chinese, "latin quarter" in Chinese, "quartel geral" in Chinese, "quartelli" in Chinese, "quarten" in Chinese, "quartenary structure" in Chinese, "quartenoud" in Chinese, "quarter (united states coin)" in Chinese, "quarter a sample" in Chinese, "quarter accommodation quarters" in Chinese, "quarter allowance" in Chinese,