quark in Chinese
[ kwɑ:k ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "quark"Use "quark" in a sentence
- Using this identification, we read off the quantum numbers of the quarks .
- Perhaps partons or quarks will be found with this accelerator .
- Superpotent atom smashers will undertake the quark quest in the 1980s .
- The different kinds of quarks or leptons are known technically as flavors .
- We shall see later that gluons are essential to the dynamics of the quarks inside the proton .
- New and strange objects have also been found at this infinitesimal level--the strangest of all being the quarks .
- Neutrons and protons are each composed of three quarks
- Experimental search for free quarks in matter
- The quark energy loss of fast quarks in nuclear matter
- It doesn t mean that the up quark has any " up " property
- fresh unripened cheese of a smooth texture made from pasteurized milk, a starter, and rennet
Synonyms: quark cheese,
- (physics) hypothetical truly fundamental particle in mesons and baryons; there are supposed to be six flavors of quarks (and their antiquarks), which come in pairs; each has an electric charge of +2/3 or -1/3; "quarks have not been observed directly but theoretical predictions based on their existence have been confirmed experimentally"