pump in Chinese
[ pʌmp ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "pump"Synonyms of "pump""pump" in a sentence"pump" meaning
- We pump water from the well for daily use .
- He tried to pump the secretary for information .
- The scupper pump failed in the afternoon .
- The liquids are pumped with a peristaltic pump .
- This water is forced into the boiler by the feed pump .
- Traditional systems have used oil diffusion pumps .
- They turned on two additional main coolant pumps .
- The pump power is fed through a second waveguide .
- It's no use pumping a dry well .
- The spray pump should be interlocked with the supply fan .
- a mechanical device that moves fluid or gas by pressure or suction
- a low-cut shoe without fastenings
- the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body; "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
Synonyms: heart, ticker, Verb
- question persistently; "She pumped the witnesses for information"
- deliver forth; "pump bullets into the dummy"
- operate like a pump; move up and down, like a handle or a pedal; "pump the gas pedal"
- raise (gases or fluids) with a pump
- move up and down; "The athlete pumps weights in the gym"
- draw or pour with a pump
- flow intermittently
- supply in great quantities; "Pump money into a project"