post in Chinese
[ pəʊst ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "post"Synonyms of "post""post" in a sentence"post" meaning
- I have the memory of posting the letters in my mind .
- Take these letters over to the post office .
- He leant against the post and it broke .
- He could not immediately accept the post .
- I must definitely get that fellow posted .
- No one under a captain can hold the post .
- The lamp post has a slight tip to the west ..
- Will you post this letter for me , please ?
- The post office is only a few steps away .
- He is temporarily acting for her in that post ..
- the delivery and collection of letters and packages; "it came by the first post"; "if you hurry you''ll catch the post"
- a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
Synonyms: position, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation,
- military installation at which a body of troops is stationed; "this military post provides an important source of income for the town nearby"; "there is an officer''s club on the post"
Synonyms: military post,
- an upright consisting of a piece of timber or metal fixed firmly in an upright position; "he set a row of posts in the ground and strung barbwire between them"
- the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office; "the mail handles billions of items every day"; "he works for the United States mail service"; "in England they call mail `the post''"
Synonyms: mail, mail service, postal service,
- a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track); "a pair of posts marked the goal"; "the corner of the lot was indicated by a stake"
- any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered; "your mail is on the table"; "is there any post for me?"; "she was opening her post"
- the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand; "a soldier manned the entrance post"; "a sentry station"
Synonyms: station, Verb
- publicize with, or as if with, a poster; "I''ll post the news on the bulletin board"
- display, as of records in sports games
- mark or expose as infamous; "She was branded a loose woman"
- cause to be directed or transmitted to another place; "send me your latest results"; "I''ll mail you the paper when it''s written"
Synonyms: mail, send,
- assign to a station
Synonyms: station, send, place,
- place so as to be noticed; "post a sign"; "post a warning at the dump"
Synonyms: put up,
- mark with a stake; "stake out the path"
- affix in a public place or for public notice; "post a warning"
- ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse''s trotting gait
- transfer (entries) from one account book to another
- assign to a post; put into a post; "The newspaper posted him in Timbuktu"
- enter on a public list
"queen post" in Chinese, "post town" in Chinese, "totem post" in Chinese, "alarm post" in Chinese, "book post" in Chinese, "post house" in Chinese, "winning post" in Chinese, "post bag" in Chinese, "distance post" in Chinese, "possum kingdom lake" in Chinese, "possum magic" in Chinese, "possum=i am able" in Chinese, "possums" in Chinese, "possy" in Chinese, "post doctoral fellows" in Chinese, "post -beijing follow-uoperation" in Chinese, "post 1" in Chinese, "post 3" in Chinese,