point in Chinese
[ pɔint ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "point"Synonyms of "point""point" in a sentence"point" meaning
past tense: pointed past participle: pointed plural: points present participle: pointing
7.〔pl.〕【铁路】轨闸，转轨器，道岔扳子；〔英国〕〔pl.〕路轨总点；〔美国〕站；【航海】方位；罗经点；两罗经点间的差度 〔1 point＝11 1/4?〔度〕〕；【狩】(猎狗)指示猎获物的姿势。Phrases
11.【语音】 ＝diacritical mark.
2.暗示，指示，表明，显示 (at to)。
4. 有…的倾向 (toward)。
- "a on the point of" in Chinese : 即将...的时候
- "at a point with" in Chinese : 在…之间
- "at point" in Chinese : 在点上
- "at the point of" in Chinese : 将要时; 就要的时候; 就要…时; 靠近, 接近
- "at this point" in Chinese : 这时候
- "be point" in Chinese : 损益分界点
- "by point" in Chinese : 偏点
- "for point" in Chinese : 追加分
- "in point" in Chinese : 编辑起点; 恰当, 中肯; 恰当的; 相关的
- "in point of" in Chinese : 关于, 就...而言; 就而言; 实际上,就事实而论; 说到，关于
- "on that point" in Chinese : 说到这点
- "on the point" in Chinese : 即将…的时候
- "on the point of" in Chinese : 即将……的时刻; 就要的时候; 正要…(的时候)；正打算; 正要干; 正要什 ...
- "point a" in Chinese : a点,上颌牙槽座点; 上颌牙槽座点
- "point at" in Chinese : （恶意地）指着; 设定指定目标; 用手指向; 指；指着; 指示；指向; 指者 ...
- I can not bring him to my point of view .
- I offer a word of remark on the point .
- It 's inadvisable to overemphasize this point .
- Mr. attlee made a searching point .
- She could contest the point with him no further .
- What is your point of view on nuclear power ?
- I am glad you raised that point .
- Be sure to make this point clear to everyone .
- We each have a different point of view .
- In speaking one should be short and to the point ...
- a contact in the distributor; as the rotor turns its projecting arm contacts them and current flows to the spark plugs
Synonyms: distributor point, breaker point,
- sharp end; "he stuck the point of the knife into a tree"; "he broke the point of his pencil"
- a wall socket
Synonyms: power point,
- the gun muzzle''s direction; "he held me up at the point of a gun"
- an outstanding characteristic; "his acting was one of the high points of the movie"
- a distinguishing or individuating characteristic; "he knows my bad points as well as my good points"
- the property of a shape that tapers to a sharp tip
- an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole; "several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"
Synonyms: detail, item,
- a geometric element that has position but no extension; "a point is defined by its coordinates"
- the object of an activity; "what is the point of discussing it?"
- a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list; "he noticed an item in the New York Times"; "she had several items on her shopping list"; "the main point on the agenda was taken up first"
- a brief version of the essential meaning of something; "get to the point"; "he missed the point of the joke"; "life has lost its point"
- the dot at the left of a decimal fraction
Synonyms: decimal point, percentage point,
- a V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer; "the point of the arrow was due north"
- a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations; "in England they call a period a stop"
Synonyms: period, full stop, stop, full point,
- the precise location of something; a spatially limited location; "she walked to a point where she could survey the whole street"
- a promontory extending out into a large body of water; "they sailed south around the point"
- one percent of the total principal of a loan; it is paid at the time the loan is made and is independent of the interest on the loan
- the unit of counting in scoring a game or contest; "he scored 20 points in the first half"; "a touchdown counts 6 points"
- a linear unit used to measure the size of type; approximately 1/72 inch
- a style in speech or writing that arrests attention and has a penetrating or convincing quality or effect
- any of 32 horizontal directions indicated on the card of a compass; "he checked the point on his compass"
Synonyms: compass point,
- a V shape; "the cannibal''s teeth were filed to sharp points"
Synonyms: tip, peak,
- a very small circular shape; "a row of points"; "draw lines between the dots"
- a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process; "a remarkable degree of frankness"; "at what stage are the social sciences?"
Synonyms: degree, level, stage,
- an instant of time; "at that point I had to leave"
Synonyms: point in time, Verb
- repair the joints of bricks; "point a chimney"
- give a point to; "The candles are tapered"
Synonyms: sharpen, taper,
- be a signal for or a symptom of; "These symptoms indicate a serious illness"; "Her behavior points to a severe neurosis"; "The economic indicators signal that the euro is undervalued"
Synonyms: bespeak, betoken, indicate, signal,
- indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively; "I showed the customer the glove section"; "He pointed to the empty parking space"; "he indicated his opponents"
Synonyms: indicate, designate, show,
- indicate the presence of (game) by standing and pointing with the muzzle; "the dog pointed the dead duck"
- intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent''s face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
Synonyms: target, aim, place, direct,
- direct into a position for use; "point a gun"; "He charged his weapon at me"
Synonyms: charge, level,
- be positionable in a specified manner; "The gun points with ease"
- mark (a psalm text) to indicate the points at which the music changes
- mark with diacritics; "point the letter"
- mark (Hebrew words) with diacritics
- sail close to the wind
- direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
Synonyms: steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, head, guide, channelize, channelise,
- be oriented; "The weather vane points North"; "the dancers toes pointed outward"
- "point" meaning: - Verb: point poynt Indicate a pla...
- "point" meaning in Japanese: １point n. とがった先, 先端; 点; 段階, 程度; 評点; 地点, 突端, 岬; 問題点, 論点, 論旨...
- "point" meaning in Korean: noun, vt, vi, 끝, 첨단, 점, 정도, 득점, 시점, 순간, 목적, 항목, 세목, 특징, 특질...
- "point" meaning in Russian: 1) точка Ex: (full) point точка (знак препинания) Ex: inte...
- "point" meaning in Arabic: n. نقطة, درجة, فاصلة, غرض, غاية, نتوء في الأذن, مرحلة, م...
- "point" meaning in French: n. point; pointe; remarque (droit), essence, fond; inten...