pocket in Chinese
[ 'pɔkit ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "pocket"Synonyms of "pocket""pocket" in a sentence"pocket" meaning
past tense: pocketed past participle: pocketed plural: pockets present participle: pocketing
- She stitched a pocket on the new apron .
- I mean big money, not pocket change .
- She took from her pocket a little purse .
- He put his injured finger into his pocket .
- He felt in his pocket for some money .
- It was hitting pockets of compressed air .
- He clapped his hand to his breast pocket .
- One of his hand dropped into his coat pocket .
- He shoved the purse into the pocket .
- He thrust his hands into his trousers pockets .
- a small pouch inside a garment for carrying small articles
- an opening at the corner or on the side of a billiard table into which billiard balls are struck
- (anatomy) saclike structure in any of various animals (as a marsupial or gopher or pelican)
- a small isolated group of people; "they were concentrated in pockets inside the city"; "the battle was won except for cleaning up pockets of resistance"
- a local region of low pressure or descending air that causes a plane to lose height suddenly
Synonyms: air pocket, air hole,
- a supply of money; "they dipped into the taxpayers'' pockets"
- a hollow concave shape made by removing something
- (bowling) the space between the headpin and the pins behind it on the right or left; "the ball hit the pocket and gave him a perfect strike"
- an enclosed space; "the trapped miners found a pocket of air"
Synonyms: pouch, sac, sack, Verb
- put in one''s pocket; "He pocketed the change"
- take unlawfully
"patch pocket" in Chinese, "pocket knife" in Chinese, "deep pockets" in Chinese, "watch pocket" in Chinese, "pocket size" in Chinese, "pocket piece" in Chinese, "vest pocket" in Chinese, "pocket money" in Chinese, "hop pocket" in Chinese, "pockels effect light valve" in Chinese, "pockels material" in Chinese, "pockels materials" in Chinese, "pockels readout optical modulator" in Chinese, "pockels readout optical modulator (prom)" in Chinese, "pocket ac clip-on voltammeter" in Chinese, "pocket accumulator" in Chinese, "pocket aesthesiometer" in Chinese, "pocket aid" in Chinese,