plate in Chinese
[ pleit ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "plate"Synonyms of "plate""plate" in a sentence"plate" meaning
past tense: plated past participle: plated plural: plates present participle: plating
- The brass plate must be adherent to the steel .
- The distillation column is provided with plates .
- The plates are insensitive to red light .
- The plate is kept in a locked cupboard .
- There was a queasy mess upon the plate .
- The plate hit the floor with a smash .
- The weight of this steel plate is one ton .
- The towers are surfaced with steel plates .
- She heaped chicken and ham upon her plate .
- She always melted down the plate she bought .
- a dental appliance that artificially replaces missing teeth
Synonyms: denture, dental plate,
- (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score; "he ruled that the runner failed to touch home"
Synonyms: home plate, home base, home,
- dish on which food is served or from which food is eaten
- a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
Synonyms: scale, shell,
- a sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic
- a shallow receptacle for collection in church
Synonyms: collection plate,
- structural member consisting of a horizontal beam that provides bearing and anchorage
- a full-page illustration (usually on slick paper)
- a flat sheet of metal or glass on which a photographic image can be recorded
Synonyms: photographic plate,
- the positively charged electrode in a vacuum tube
- any flat platelike body structure or part
- a main course served on a plate; "a vegetable plate"; "the blue plate special"
- the thin under portion of the forequarter
- a rigid layer of the Earth''s crust that is believed to drift slowly
Synonyms: crustal plate,
- the quantity contained in a plate
Synonyms: plateful, Verb
- coat with a layer of metal; "plate spoons with silver"