piece in Chinese
[ pi:s ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "piece"Synonyms of "piece""piece" in a sentence"piece" meaning
past tense: pieced past participle: pieced plural: pieces present participle: piecing
- His house is over there a piece .
- He broke a piece of bread from the loaf .
- He has taken along with him two pieces of luggage .
- Put the finishing touches to a piece of work .
- They were lucky to get back in one piece .
- Incidentally , here's a good piece of news .
- Fit the pieces of a model kit together
- She tried to join the two pieces together .
- Press out shapes from a piece of card .
- He picked up an interesting piece of news .
- a portable gun; "he wore his firearm in a shoulder holster"
Synonyms: firearm, small-arm,
- game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games; "he taught me to set up the men on the chess board"; "he sacrificed a piece to get a strategic advantage"
- a work of art of some artistic value; "this store sells only objets d''art"; "it is not known who created this piece"
Synonyms: objet d''art, art object,
- a separate part of a whole; "an important piece of the evidence"
- an item that is an instance of some type; "he designed a new piece of equipment"; "she bought a lovely piece of china";
- a distance; "it is down the road a piece"
- an artistic or literary composition; "he wrote an interesting piece on Iran"; "the children acted out a comic piece to amuse the guests"
- a musical work that has been created; "the composition is written in four movements"
Synonyms: musical composition, opus, composition, piece of music,
- an instance of some kind; "it was a nice piece of work"; "he had a bit of good luck"
- a serving that has been cut from a larger portion; "a piece of pie"; "a slice of bread"
- a portion of a natural object; "they analyzed the river into three parts"; "he needed a piece of granite"
- a share of something; "a slice of the company''s revenue"
- a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition; "he was here for a little while"; "I need to rest for a piece"; "a spell of good weather"; "a patch of bad weather"
Synonyms: while, spell, patch, Verb
- repair by adding pieces; "She pieced the china cup"
- eat intermittently; take small bites of; "He pieced at the sandwich all morning"; "She never eats a full meal--she just nibbles"
Synonyms: nibble, pick,
- join during spinning; "piece the broken pieces of thread, slivers, and rovings"
- to join or unite the pieces of; "patch the skirt"
- create by putting components or members together; "She pieced a quilt"; "He tacked together some verses"; "They set up a committee"
Synonyms: assemble, put together, set up, tack, tack together,
"battle piece" in Chinese, "ear piece" in Chinese, "time piece" in Chinese, "string piece" in Chinese, "conversation piece" in Chinese, "night piece" in Chinese, "pole piece" in Chinese, "museum piece" in Chinese, "costume piece" in Chinese, "piebald skin" in Chinese, "piebald soybean" in Chinese, "piebaldism" in Chinese, "piebalgs" in Chinese, "piebridge" in Chinese, "piece a quilt" in Chinese, "piece accent" in Chinese, "piece apron" in Chinese, "piece basis" in Chinese,