picture in Chinese
[ 'piktʃə ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "picture"Synonyms of "picture""picture" in a sentence"picture" meaning
past tense: pictured past participle: pictured plural: pictures present participle: picturing
- I asked him to set a value on the pictures ..
- Einstein's work changed the picture .
- I manage to scrape a living by selling my pictures .
- These pictures are unusual in one respect .
- The picture is n't somewhat true to the original .
- I cannot keep my eyes from the picture .
- This picture is in the manner of raphael .
- The picture for africa is even more dismal .
- He coloured the picture with a yellow crayon .
- His face was a true picture of his mind .
- graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface; "a small painting by Picasso"; "he bought the painting as an investment"; "his pictures hang in the Louvre"
- a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
Synonyms: photograph, photo, exposure, pic,
- a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; "they showed us the pictures of their wedding"; "a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
Synonyms: image, icon, ikon,
- a typical example of some state or quality; "the very picture of a modern general"; "she was the picture of despair"
- a clear and telling mental image; "he described his mental picture of his assailant"; "he had no clear picture of himself or his world"; "the events left a permanent impression in his mind"
Synonyms: mental picture, impression,
- the visible part of a television transmission; "they could still receive the sound but the picture was gone"
- a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement; "they went to a movie every Saturday night"; "the film was shot on location"
Synonyms: movie, film, moving picture, moving-picture show, motion picture, motion-picture show, picture show, pic, flick,
- illustrations used to decorate or explain a text; "the dictionary had many pictures"
Synonyms: pictorial matter,
- a graphic or vivid verbal description; "too often the narrative was interrupted by long word pictures"; "the author gives a depressing picture of life in Poland"; "the pamphlet contained brief characterizations of famous Vermonters"
Synonyms: word picture, word-painting, delineation, depiction, characterization, characterisation,
- a situation treated as an observable object; "the political picture is favorable"; "the religious scene in England has changed in the last century"
Synonyms: scene, Verb
- imagine; conceive of; see in one''s mind; "I can''t see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
Synonyms: visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, see, figure, image,
- show in, or as in, a picture; "This scene depicts country life"; "the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
Synonyms: depict, render, show,
"easel picture" in Chinese, "picture phone" in Chinese, "poker picture" in Chinese, "picture element" in Chinese, "moving picture" in Chinese, "news picture" in Chinese, "picture window" in Chinese, "picture gallery" in Chinese, "picture show" in Chinese, "pictoris" in Chinese, "pictou" in Chinese, "pictou island" in Chinese, "picts" in Chinese, "pictun" in Chinese, "picture agnosia" in Chinese, "picture altitude" in Chinese, "picture altitude control" in Chinese, "picture amplifier" in Chinese,