period in Chinese
[ 'piəriəd ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "period"Synonyms of "period""period" in a sentence"period" meaning
- The incubation period usually is 8 to 14 days .
- The period after supper was given over to games .
- The school day is divided into seven periods .
- In the slack period mr. baker came in .
- The period of waiting was not limitless .
- It is a period prolific of great poets .
- It was a productive and fertile period .
- It was a period of substantial change .
- I 've been teaching four periods this morning .
- The heat period appears at regular intervals .
- a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations; "in England they call a period a stop"
Synonyms: point, full stop, stop, full point,
- the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause; "the women were sickly and subject to excessive menstruation"; "a woman does not take the gout unless her menses be stopped"--Hippocrates; "the semen begins to appear in males and to be emitted at the same time of life that the catamenia begin to flow in females"--Aristotle
Synonyms: menstruation, menses, menstruum, catamenia, flow,
- an amount of time; "a time period of 30 years"; "hastened the period of time of his recovery"; "Picasso''s blue period"
Synonyms: time period, period of time,
- the end or completion of something; "death put a period to his endeavors"; "a change soon put a period to my tranquility"
- a unit of geological time during which a system of rocks formed; "ganoid fishes swarmed during the earlier geological periods"
Synonyms: geological period,
- (ice hockey) one of three divisions into which play is divided in hockey games
- the interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon
"establishment period" in Chinese, "rest period" in Chinese, "incubation period" in Chinese, "latent period" in Chinese, "whoopee period" in Chinese, "float period" in Chinese, "grace period" in Chinese, "formative period" in Chinese, "perinuclear space" in Chinese, "perinucleolar chromatin" in Chinese, "perio" in Chinese, "periocular" in Chinese, "periocular dermatitis" in Chinese, "period (= half-life)" in Chinese, "period (periodic table)" in Chinese, "period 1 element" in Chinese, "period 2 element" in Chinese,