pattern in Chinese
[ 'pætən ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "pattern"Synonyms of "pattern""pattern" in a sentence"pattern" meaning
past tense: patterned past participle: patterned plural: patterns present participle: patterning
- Patterns of activity differ between species .
- The bank officer fits this pattern .
- Her ideas are patterned on trotsky's .
- His speech followed the usual pattern .
- I do not like the pattern of his new suit .
- The pattern she knitted is really beautiful .
- Patterns of deltas are ephemeral .
- I studied the figured pattern on the beige rug .
- The engines were arranged in a double pattern .
- You are a pattern of tact , i do n't think .
- a customary way of operation or behavior; "it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
- a decorative or artistic work; "the coach had a design on the doors"
Synonyms: design, figure,
- something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
Synonyms: convention, normal, rule, formula,
- something intended as a guide for making something else; "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
Synonyms: blueprint, design,
- a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
Synonyms: form, shape,
- a model considered worthy of imitation; "the American constitution has provided a pattern for many republics"
- graphical representation (in polar or Cartesian coordinates) of the spatial distribution of radiation from an antenna as a function of angle
Synonyms: radiation pattern, radiation diagram,
- the path that is prescribed for an airplane that is preparing to land at an airport; "the traffic patterns around O''Hare are very crowded"; "they stayed in the pattern until the fog lifted"
Synonyms: traffic pattern, approach pattern, Verb
- plan or create according to a model or models
- form a pattern; "These sentences pattern like the ones we studied before"