pass in Chinese
[ pɑ:s ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "pass"Use "pass" in a sentence
past tense: passed past participle: passed plural: passes present participle: passing
- He had made passes at her in moscow .
- So the days passed in spring and summer .
- He told me to pass the message on to you ..
- The company was forced to pass its dividend .
- I used to pass whole evening that way .
- The first numbness had passed off .
- So i passed that blissful night .
- Thus the twilight months had passed .
- Please pass this parcel on to teacher li .
- A curious spasm passed through her .
- of advancing the ball by throwing it; "a team with a good passing attack"; "a pass play"
Synonyms: passing, Verb
- eliminate from the body; "Pass a kidney stone"
Synonyms: excrete, egest, eliminate,
- come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
Synonyms: happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, fall out, come about, take place,
- pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
Synonyms: die, decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, kick the bucket, cash in one''s chips, buy the farm, conk, give-up the ghost, drop dead, pop off, choke, croak, snuff it,
- disappear gradually; "The pain eventually passed off"
Synonyms: evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet,
- transmit information ; "Please communicate this message to all employees"; "pass along the good news"
Synonyms: communicate, pass on, pass along, put across,
- grant authorization or clearance for; "Clear the manuscript for publication"; "The rock star never authorized this slanderous biography"
Synonyms: authorize, authorise, clear,
- pass over, across, or through; "He ran his eyes over her body"; "She ran her fingers along the carved figurine"; "He drew her hair through his fingers"
Synonyms: guide, run, draw,
- pass into a specified state or condition; "He sank into nirvana"
Synonyms: sink, lapse,
- travel past; "The sports car passed all the trucks"
Synonyms: overtake, overhaul,
- go across or through; "We passed the point where the police car had parked"; "A terrible thought went through his mind"
Synonyms: go through, go across,
- move past; "A black limousine passed by when she looked out the window"; "He passed his professor in the hall"; "One line of soldiers surpassed the other"
Synonyms: travel by, pass by, surpass, go past, go by,
- cause to pass; "She passed around the plates"
Synonyms: make pass,
- pass by; "three years elapsed"
Synonyms: elapse, lapse, slip by, glide by, slip away, go by, slide by, go along,
- transfer to another; of rights or property; "Our house passed under his official control"
- be inherited by; "The estate fell to my sister"; "The land returned to the family"; "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead"
Synonyms: fall, return, devolve,
- place into the hands or custody of; "hand me the spoon, please"; "Turn the files over to me, please"; "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
Synonyms: hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give,
- throw (a ball) to another player; "Smith passed"
- allow to go without comment or censure; "the insult passed as if unnoticed"
- make laws, bills, etc. or bring into effect by legislation; "They passed the amendment"; "We cannot legislate how people spend their free time"
- go unchallenged; be approved; "The bill cleared the House"
- accept or judge as acceptable; "The teacher passed the student although he was weak"
- go successfully through a test or a selection process; "She passed the new Jersey Bar Exam and can practice law now"
Synonyms: make it,
- be superior or better than some standard; "She exceeded our expectations"; "She topped her performance of last year"
Synonyms: exceed, transcend, overstep, go past, top,
- stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point; "Service runs all the way to Cranbury"; "His knowledge doesn''t go very far"; "My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"; "The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
Synonyms: run, go, lead, extend,
- pass time in a specific way; "how are you spending your summer vacation?"
Synonyms: spend, Noun
- success in satisfying a test or requirement; "his future depended on his passing that test"; "he got a pass in introductory chemistry"
Synonyms: passing, qualifying,
- (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team; "the pass was fumbled"
Synonyms: toss, flip,
- (baseball) an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls; "he worked the pitcher for a base on balls"
Synonyms: base on balls, walk,
- a flight or run by an aircraft over a target; "the plane turned to make a second pass"
- (American football) a play that involves one player throwing the ball to a teammate; "the coach sent in a passing play on third and long"
Synonyms: passing play, passing game, passing,
- a usually brief attempt; "he took a crack at it"; "I gave it a whirl"
Synonyms: crack, fling, go, whirl, offer,
- a complimentary ticket; "the star got passes for his family"
- a permit to enter or leave a military installation; "he had to show his pass in order to get out"
Synonyms: liberty chit,
- a document indicating permission to do something without restrictions; "the media representatives had special passes"
Synonyms: laissez passer,
- any authorization to pass or go somewhere; "the pass to visit had a strict time limit"
- you advance to the next round in a tournament without playing an opponent; "he had a bye in the first round"
- one complete cycle of operations (as by a computer); "it was not possible to complete the computation in a single pass"
- a difficult juncture; "a pretty pass"; "matters came to a head yesterday"
Synonyms: head, straits,
- the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks; "we got through the pass before it started to snow"
Synonyms: mountain pass, notch,
- a bad or difficult situation or state of affairs
Synonyms: strait, straits,
- (military) a written leave of absence; "he had a pass for three days"
"passing" in Chinese, "pass degree" in Chinese, "spot pass" in Chinese, "sea pass" in Chinese, "forward pass" in Chinese, "trip pass" in Chinese, "passing zone" in Chinese, "passing bell" in Chinese, "pass law" in Chinese, "pasraha" in Chinese, "pasricha" in Chinese, "pasrudak" in Chinese, "pasrur" in Chinese, "pasrūr" in Chinese, "pass (as)" in Chinese, "pass 0ff" in Chinese, "pass a channel" in Chinese, "pass a crisis" in Chinese,