oil in Chinese
[ ɔil ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "oil"Use "oil" in a sentence
past tense: oiled past participle: oiled plural: oils present participle: oiling
- It was fueled by oil in enormous quantities .
- A great deal of the talk was about oil .
- You should hold on to your oil shares .
- The axle does n't work smoothly. it needs oiling .
- The machine works fine if you oil it .
- Oil is put in machinery to reduce the friction .
- My particular experience is largely in oil .
- The oil well delivers 500 tons a day .
- We put up at the surface an oil derrick .
- Kuwait is rich in oil resources .
- oil paint containing pigment that is used by an artist
Synonyms: oil color, oil colour,
- any of a group of liquid edible fats that are obtained from plants
Synonyms: vegetable oil,
- a slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
- a dark oil consisting mainly of hydrocarbons
Synonyms: petroleum, crude oil, crude, rock oil, fossil oil, Verb
- administer an oil or ointment to ; often in a religious ceremony of blessing
Synonyms: anoint, inunct, anele, embrocate,
- cover with oil, as if by rubbing; "oil the wooden surface"