negative in Chinese
[ 'negətiv ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "negative"Synonyms of "negative""negative" in a sentence"negative" meaning
past tense: negatived past participle: negatived plural: negatives present participle: negativing
- The negative pressure loop should be noted .
- The exponent is a fraction or negative number .
- Electrical positives attract electrical negatives .
- Do a blow-up of this corner of the negative .
- Congress has assumed some negative functions .
- The hydroxyl ion has a negative charge .
- Two negatives make an affirmative .
- He introduced a notation for negative numbers .
- A pool of mercury surrounds the negative electrode .
- Mr. swiveller answered in the negative .
- expressing or consisting of a negation or refusal or denial
- characterized by or displaying negation or denial or opposition or resistance; having no positive features; "a negative outlook on life"; "a colorless negative personality"; "a negative evaluation"; "a negative reaction to an advertising campaign"
- reckoned in a direction opposite to that regarded as positive; "negative interest rates"
- not indicating the presence of microorganisms or disease or a specific condition; "the HIV test was negative"
Synonyms: disconfirming, Adjective
- involving disadvantage or harm; "minus (or negative) factors"
- having a negative charge; "electrons are negative"
Synonyms: electronegative, negatively charged,
- designed or tending to discredit, especially without positive or helpful suggestions; "negative criticism"
- having the quality of something harmful or unpleasant; "ran a negative campaign"; "delinquents retarded by their negative outlook on life"
- less than zero; "a negative number"
- vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent; "The President vetoed the bill"
Synonyms: veto, blackball, Noun
- a piece of photographic film showing an image with light and shade or colors reversed
- a reply of denial; "he answered in the negative"
"negative sign" in Chinese, "negative capital" in Chinese, "negative charge" in Chinese, "negative quantity" in Chinese, "negative pole" in Chinese, "negative debt" in Chinese, "negative plate" in Chinese, "negative proton" in Chinese, "double negative" in Chinese, "negation sign" in Chinese, "negation symbol" in Chinese, "negation-decay constant" in Chinese, "negational" in Chinese, "negationist" in Chinese, "negative (degenerative) feedback" in Chinese, "negative (l02)" in Chinese, "negative (positive) number" in Chinese, "negative - acting resist" in Chinese,