need in Chinese
[ ni:d ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "need"Synonyms of "need""need" in a sentence"need" meaning
past tense: needed past participle: needed plural: needs present participle: needing
- Most of all, they needed new products .
- My watch has stopped -- it needs fixing .
- You need more protein to build you up .
- The wiring is faulty and needs to be replaced .
- The piping outside the house needs painting .
- The blind do not always need our help .
- A friend in need is a friend indeed .
- We need a man of his cut in this firm .
- I need to get your slant on the situation .
- You will need an injection every four hours .
- the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior; "we did not understand his motivation"; "he acted with the best of motives"
Synonyms: motivation, motive,
- anything that is necessary but lacking; "he had sufficient means to meet his simple needs"; "I tried to supply his wants"
- a condition requiring relief; "she satisfied his need for affection"; "God has no need of men to accomplish His work"; "there is a demand for jobs"
- a state of extreme poverty or destitution; "their indigence appalled him"; "a general state of need exists among the homeless"
Synonyms: indigence, penury, pauperism, pauperization, Verb
- have need of; "This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner"
Synonyms: want, require,
- have or feel a need for; "always needing friends and money"
- require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"; "This intervention does not postulate a patient''s consent"
Synonyms: necessitate, ask, postulate, require, take, involve, call for, demand,