name in Chinese
[ neim ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "name"Synonyms of "name""name" in a sentence"name" meaning
past tense: named past participle: named plural: names present participle: naming
- This state has been named "premunition" .
- But perhaps only the name is the same .
- I asked your father to put his name to a bill .
- I can not think of his name at the moment .
- A name could be removed at any time .
- She lent her name to many worthy causes .
- The fair name of the city would be smirched .
- Nothing could induce him to name a motive .
- You have omitted my name from your list .
- In this way i acquired two additional names .
- by the sanction or authority of; "halt in the name of the law"
- a language unit by which a person or thing is known; "his name really is George Washington"; "those are two names for the same thing"
- a defamatory or abusive word or phrase
- family based on male descent; "he had no sons and there was no one to carry on his name"
- a well-known or notable person; "they studied all the great names in the history of France"; "she is an important figure in modern music"
Synonyms: figure, public figure,
- a person''s reputation; "he wanted to protect his good name"
- determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
- identify as in botany or biology, for example
Synonyms: identify, discover, key, key out, distinguish, describe,
- give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of; "List the states west of the Mississippi"
- mention and identify by name; "name your accomplices!"
- make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
Synonyms: mention, advert, bring up, cite, refer,
- give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
- assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to; "They named their son David"; "The new school was named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
- create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
Synonyms: appoint, nominate, constitute,
- charge with a function; charge to be; "She was named Head of the Committee"; "She was made president of the club"
Synonyms: nominate, make,
"named" in Chinese, "domain name" in Chinese, "proper names" in Chinese, "place name" in Chinese, "given name" in Chinese, "christian name" in Chinese, "name tape" in Chinese, "pen name" in Chinese, "full name" in Chinese, "namdo" in Chinese, "namdong-gu" in Chinese, "namdrolone cypionate" in Chinese, "namdrolone dodecanoate" in Chinese, "namdzhil" in Chinese, "name a low price" in Chinese, "name a ship" in Chinese, "name a strong disgust" in Chinese, "name abbreviation" in Chinese,