nail in Chinese
[ neil ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "nail"Synonyms of "nail""nail" in a sentence"nail" meaning
past tense: nailed past participle: nailed plural: nails present participle: nailing
- Have the police nailed the man who did it ?
- She was paring her nails with nail scissors .
- You've got to bite on the nail now .
- He was biting his nails in his nervousness .
- The box was corded, the card nailed on .
- Every word he said hit the nail on the head .
- They fought tooth and nail but lost .
- She finally nailed me in the corridor .
- We had better then be as tough as nails .
- Wash your hands and clean your nails .
- a thin pointed piece of metal that is hammered into materials as a fastener
- horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits
- a former unit of length for cloth equal to 1/16 of a yard
- complete a pass
- take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
Synonyms: collar, apprehend, arrest, pick up, nab, cop,
- attach something somewhere by means of nails; "nail the board onto the wall"
- hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
Synonyms: smash, boom, blast,
- locate exactly; "can you pinpoint the position of the enemy?"; "The chemists could not nail the identity of the chromosome"
- succeed at easily; "She sailed through her exams"; "You will pass with flying colors"; "She nailed her astrophysics course"
Synonyms: breeze through, ace, pass with flying colors, sweep through, sail through,
- succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
Synonyms: nail down, peg,
"nailing" in Chinese, "dating nail" in Chinese, "nail bomb" in Chinese, "nail polish" in Chinese, "nail set" in Chinese, "stub nail" in Chinese, "clout nail" in Chinese, "sixpenny nail" in Chinese, "blind nail" in Chinese, "naikai eisen" in Chinese, "naikai-eisen" in Chinese, "naikati" in Chinese, "naiki" in Chinese, "naikliu" in Chinese, "nail a lid on" in Chinese, "nail a lie" in Chinese, "nail a lie to the counter" in Chinese, "nail a sign to the wall" in Chinese,