xanthopsias in a sentence
- Edmund Rose is remembered for his research of color blindness, xanthopsia and the drug Santonin, and how Santonin affected color vision.
- An often described, but rarely seen, adverse effect of digoxin is a disturbance of color vision ( mostly yellow and green ) called xanthopsia.
- Xanthopsia is also a rare side-effect of jaundice, in which bilirubin may be deposited into the eye in sufficient quantity to produce a yellow tint to the vision.
- It has been suggested that Digitalis-derived digoxin, used to treat heart failure, induced xanthopsia responsible for the yellow tinting exhibited by many of Van Gogh's works.
- Depending on the severity of the toxicosis, the victim may later suffer irregular and slow pulse, tremors, various cerebral disturbances, especially of a visual nature ( unusual colour visions ( see xanthopsia ) with objects appearing yellowish to green, and blue halos around lights ), convulsions, and deadly disturbances of the heart.
- It's difficult to find xanthopsias in a sentence.
- Digitalis toxicity ( " Digitalis intoxication " ) results from an overdose of digitalis and causes nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, as well as sometimes resulting in xanthopsia ( jaundiced or yellow vision ) and the appearance of blurred outlines ( halos ), drooling, abnormal heart rate, cardiac arrhythmias, weakness, collapse, dilated pupils, tremors, seizures, and even death.