xanthene in a sentence
- Xanthene dyes tend to be fluorescent, yellow to pink to bluish red, brilliant dyes.
- "' Xantphos "'is an organophosphorus compound derived from the heterocycle xanthene.
- Many xanthene dyes can be prepared by condensation of derivates of phthalic anhydride with derivates of resorcinol or 3-aminophenol.
- "' Thioxanthene "'is a chemical compound in which the oxygen atom in xanthene is replaced with a sulfur atom.
- Derivatives of xanthene are commonly referred to collectively as xanthenes, and among other uses are the basis of a class of dyes which includes fluorescein, eosins, and rhodamines.
- It's difficult to find xanthene in a sentence.
- Its melting point is 101-102 癈 and its boiling point is 310-312 癈 . Xanthene is used as a fungicide and it is also a useful intermediate in organic synthesis.