white imperialism in a sentence
- After Drag Gibson slaughtered his tribe, he began writing militant poetry about white imperialism.
- "Some Asian country had to stand up against Western white imperialism, " the book declares.
- A place my countrymen call White Imperialism, purposely invoking all of the bloody acquisition and manifest destiny that enabled nationalists throughout history to march to power.
- In " Les Blancs, " white liberalism, white humanitarianism and white imperialism; black anti-imperialism, black moderation and black ambivalence all have their say before historical inevitability takes over.
- "Even in recent years, academic historians have treated the Alamo defenders as sort of the advance agents of white imperialism, " said Olson, chairman of the history department at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville.
- It's difficult to find white imperialism in a sentence.
- In the poem and in Lindsay's defenses of it, DuPlessis hears Lindsay warning white readers not to be " hoo-doo'd " or seduced by violent African " mumbo jumbo . " This warning seems to suggest that white civilization has been " infected " by African violence; Lindsay thus, in effect, " blames blacks for white violence directed against them . " Conversely, Susan Gubar notes approvingly that " the poem contains lines blaming black violence on white imperialism . " While acknowledging that the poem seems to have given its author and audiences an excuse to indulge in "'romantic racism'or'slumming in slang,'" she also observes that Lindsay was " much more liberal than many of his poetic contemporaries, " and that he seems to have intended a statement against the kind of racist violence perpetrated under Leopold in the Congo.