wagon box fight in a sentence
- The Wagon Box Fight near Fort Kearny the next day was similar.
- The Wagon Box Fight is one of the great traditions of the Infantry in the West.
- Together with Crazy Horse, he led the united Lakota warriors in the Wagon Box Fight.
- The first remarkable battle with the white men he saw was the Wagon Box Fight in 1866.
- The Army established Fort C . F . Smith and Fort Phil Kearny in the Hayfield Fight and Wagon Box Fight.
- It's difficult to find wagon box fight in a sentence.
- Camp also rediscovered a number of " lost " battle sites, including those of the Battle of Slim Buttes and the Wagon Box Fight.
- But it is very similar in size and outcome to the Wagon Box Fight, which took place the next day near Fort Phil Kearny.
- Fort Phil Kearny, including the nearby sites of the Fetterman engagement and the Wagon Box Fight, was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1960.
- Fort Phil Kearny, including the nearby sites of the Fetterman Fight and the Wagon Box Fight, was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1960.
- The 1866 Fetterman Fight marked a key victory of the United States Army, and the 1867 Wagon Box Fight involved Lakota Sioux and soldiers from nearby Fort Phil Kearny.
- The Wagon Box Fight was hailed at the time as the " greatest Indian battle in the world, " with Indian casualties fancifully estimated at up to 1, 500.
- At the Wagon Box Fight of 2 August 1867, Young Man Afraid of His Horse served along with Crazy Horse as the leaders of the combined Lakota / Cheyenne war party.
- The Wagon Box Fight was the last major engagement of the war, but native raids continued against travelers and soldiers, the telegraph, and Union Pacific Railway, which was under construction.
- The Model 1866 was issued to U . S . troops in 1867, and was a major factor in the Wagon Box Fight and the Hayfield Fight, along the Bozeman Trail in 1867.
- While similar in circumstance and casualties to the Wagon Box Fight, which took place the next day near Fort Phil Kearny, Wyoming, this engagement has not received as much attention by historians.
More: 1 2