unaec in a sentence
- More: 1 2
- The UN General Assembly officially disbanded UNAEC in 1952, although the Commission had been inactive since July 1949.
- In 1946 President Harry S . Truman appointed Baruch as the United States representative to the United Nations Atomic Energy Commission ( UNAEC ).
- Although the Baruch Plan enjoyed wide international support, it failed to emerge from the UNAEC because the Soviet Union planned to veto it in the Security Council.
- On Friday, June 14, 1946, Baruch presented his Baruch Plan, a modified version of the Acheson Lilienthal plan, to the UNAEC, which proposed international control of then-new atomic energy.
- The Baruch Plan, unveiled in a speech to the newly formed United Nations Atomic Energy Commission ( UNAEC ) in June 1946, proposed the establishment of an international atomic development authority, but was not adopted.