segmentation and reassembly in a sentence
- This process is known as Segmentation and Reassembly ( see below ).
- By separating the functions of segmentation and reassembly from cell transport, AAL5 follows the layering principle.
- Specialized segmentation and reassembly, which were compatible with Ethernet's spanning tree algorithm, was implemented in each switch to support jumbo packets.
- Commonly used approaches include checksum offloading, TCP segmentation and reassembly offloading, transparent proxies in two or more middleboxes, and TCP offload engines.
- Bundle Service Layering, implemented as the Bundling protocol suite for delay-tolerant networking, will provide general purpose delay-tolerant protocol services in support of a range of applications : custody transfer, segmentation and reassembly, end-to-end reliability, end-to-end security, and end-to-end routing among them.
- It's difficult to find segmentation and reassembly in a sentence.
- Specifically, at speeds of OC-3 and above, the cost of segmentation and reassembly ( SAR ) hardware makes ATM less competitive for IP than Packet Over SONET ( POS ); because of its fixed 48-byte cell payload, ATM is not suitable as a data link layer " directly " underlying IP ( without the need for SAR at the data link level ) since the OSI layer on which IP operates must provide a maximum transmission unit ( MTU ) of at least 576 bytes.
- However, as in ATM, the tolerance may be applied to a lower rate, in that case the segmentation and reassembly ), where the packets are transmitted with a maximum bandwidth determined by the SCR and cells within the packets are transmitted at the PCR; thus allowing the last cell of the packet, and the packet itself, to arrive significantly earlier than it would if the cells were sent at the SCR : transmission duration = ( MBS-1 ) / PCR rather than ( MBS-1 ) / SCR . This bursting at the PCR puts a significantly higher load on shared resources, e . g . switch output buffers, than does transmission at the SCR, and is thus more likely to result in buffer overflows and network congestion.