seconda pratica in a sentence
- Her compositions are firmly rooted in the " seconda pratica " tradition.
- In addition to monodic works typical of the " Seconda pratica " style of early Monteverdi.
- It has a choir and an orchestra ( founded by Lutz as the " ensemble Schola Seconda Pratica " ) and features international soloists.
- Giacomo Vincenti, a music publisher, praised the women as " virtuose giovani " ( madrigal, and eventually the " seconda pratica ".
- I'm a bit confused about how there could be this strong tie to the " seconda pratica " and absolutely no relationship with opera.
- It's difficult to find seconda pratica in a sentence.
- Marenzio was involved in this move towards the " seconda pratica " style, so I'm not sure where you think this " peak " is.
- He developed two individual styles of composition the heritage of Renaissance polyphony ( prima pratica ) and the new basso continuo technique of the Baroque ( seconda pratica ).
- In the preface of his 5th Book of Madrigals ( 1605 ) Monteverdi announced a book of his own : " Seconda pratica, overo perfettione della moderna musica ".
- The " concerto delle donne " revolutionized the role of women in professional music, and continued the tradition of the madrigal, and eventually the " seconda pratica ".
- In the early Baroque Claudio Monteverdi and his brother coined the term " prima pratica " to refer to the older style of Palestrina, and seconda pratica to refer to Monteverdi's music.
- Newcomb's POV seems to be that the " luxuriant style " of the 1580s led in some ways to the more declamatory and dramatic " seconda pratica " type style of the 1590s.
- The four-part " Quam pulchra es " has choral " prima pratica " sections, Gabrielian refrains in a dance-like rhythm, while solo parts are in the new " seconda pratica " style.
- It is in his sixth book of madrigals, published in 1600, the year traditionally ( and arbitrarily ) marking the end of the musical Renaissance, that his shift to the new style of the " seconda pratica " is most prominent.
- In the field of historically informed performance, she has worked with the choir Junge Kantorei in Eberbach Abbey in works of " Gloria in excelsis Deo ", BWV 191 with Rudolf Lutz conducting the Vokalensemble der Schola Seconda Pratica and tenor Johannes Kaleschke.
- Madrigalism reached new heights of emotional expression and chromaticism in what Claudio Monteverdi called his " seconda pratica " ( second practice ), which he saw originating with Cipriano de Rore and developing in the music of composers such as Luca Marenzio and Giaches de Wert.
More: 1 2