seam allowances in a sentence
- The seam allowance usually requires some sort of seam finish to prevent raveling.
- The 5 / 8-inch seam allowance will create the space between the spirals.
- The seam is first sewn with wrong sides together, then the seam allowances are trimmed and pressed.
- Plain seams may also be pressed open, with each seam allowance separately secured with an overlock stitch.
- Flatlock stitching creates a seam where the seam allowances lies flat to the garment instead of hanging loose from it.
- It's difficult to find seam allowances in a sentence.
- On mass-produced clothing, the seam allowances of plain seams are usually trimmed and stitched together with an overlock stitch using a serger.
- In a Hong Kong finish, a bias strip of fabric is cut to the width of the seam allowance plus 1 / 4 ".
- The bias strip is placed on top of the seam allowance, right sides together, and stitched 1 / 8 " from raw edges.
- Check to see that seams are securely stitched, with at least a half-inch seam allowance so stitches won't easily pull apart.
- Check to see that seams are securely stitched, with at least a 1 / 2-inch seam allowance so stitches won't easily pull apart.
- It joins two pieces of fabric together face-to-face by sewing through both pieces, leaving a seam allowance with raw edges inside the work.
- Prior to the invention of the rotary cutter, quilters traced handmade templates of the necessary shapes onto the wrong side of fabric and added 1 / 4-inch seam allowances all around.
- A pattern maker would also use various tools such as a cardboard or paperboard, without seam allowances or style details ( thicker paper or cardboard allows repeated tracing and pattern development from the original sloper ).
- "Each dress must fit all of the models through the hips, waist and bust line before it's approved, and then I add a generous seam allowance for alterations, " he explained.
- A "'bound seam "'has each of the raw edges of its seam allowances enclosed in a strip of fabric, lace or net'binding'that has been folded in half lengthwise.
More: 1 2