pull a few strings in a sentence
- I can pull a few strings on that one.
- But don't think Harris can pull a few strings for the Sun Devils just because he's a member of the committee.
- Gonzales has one son, who was born in 1999 . She pulls a few strings to get Morales into homicide as T . J .'s new partner.
- The winner of the tournament is allowed to leave the prison on early parole because Lieutenant Arnsworth can pull a few strings on the parole board, and Gordone feels as though he would be able to win it.
- Hannah's inspiration, and the work of the Children's Diabetes Center at UCLA, was more than enough to get Zeile to pull a few strings with the Dodgers today to help raise some money for the foundation.
- It's difficult to find pull a few strings in a sentence.
- In an effort to pay off the bookies, his uncle pulls a few strings and gets him a job working for a gangster named Deepthroat ( played by John Goodman ), who needs a " runner " to place bets with various bookies.