pulex irritans in a sentence
- The most well-known invertebrate may be a species of midge ( " Pulex irritans " in Europe.
- "Pulex irritans " is a holometabolous insect with a four-part lifecycle consisting of eggs, larvae, pupae, and adults.
- Other ectoparasites include biting lice, sucking lice and the fleas " Pulex irritans " and " Ctenocephalides canis ".
- He described filarial worm " Dipetalonema reconditum ", and demonstrated the parasite life cycle in fleas, " Pulex irritans ".
- Nonetheless, Pulex irritans, the human flea, is a much less efficient vector of plague than the rat flea Xenopsylla cheopis.
- It's difficult to find pulex irritans in a sentence.
- In order to transmit plague, Pulex irritans must bite a host with lots of bacteria in the blood and pass the bacteria on to the next host quickly.
- Kenneth Gage, plague section chief of the CDC, notes that historically plague may have been transmitted among humans by the so-called human flea, Pulex irritans, or via airborne transmission.
- In 1890 he, with Salvatore Calandruccio, described " Dipetalonema reconditum ", a non-pathogenic filarial worm of dogs, and showed that the parasite completed its development in human fleas, " Pulex irritans ".