pawneese in a sentence
- Theia finished fifth, whilst Pawneese and Riverqueen ran poorly in seventh and ninth places.
- Penna trained may of Wildenstein's best horses including Allez France, Crow, Flying Water and Pawneese.
- On 20 June, Riverqueen was matched against the Epsom Oaks winner Pawneese in the Prix de Diane over 2100 metres at Chantilly Racecourse.
- Two fillies have won both the Prix de Diane and the English Oaks Fille de l'Air in 1864 and Pawneese in 1976.
- Time Charter was the first female to win the race since Pawneese in 1976 and the last to do so until Danedream won in 2012.
- It's difficult to find pawneese in a sentence.
- Pawneese led from the start, whereas Riverqueen was restrained by Head towards the rear of the field, before moving forward early in the straight.
- With Lester Piggott taking over the ride from Roche, she started a 24 / 1 outsider in a field which included Pawneese, Riverqueen, Lagunette and Theia.
- Starting a 50 / 1 outsider in a very strong field she finished well to take fifth place behind Pawneese, Riverqueen, Lagunette and Antrona with Theia in sixth.
- Hamdan Al Maktoum had previously won the race with Nashwan in 1989 . Taghrooda was the first three-year-old filly to win the race since Pawneese in 1976.
- The other runners included Centrocon ( Lancashire Oaks ), African Dancer ( Cheshire Oaks ) and Roses for the Star ( runner-up to Pawneese in the Epsom Oaks ).
- In 1976, Wildenstein and Penna won three of the five British Classics : in addition to Flying Water's 1000 Guineas, they won the Epsom Oaks with Pawneese and the Crow.
- She never looked likely to get on terms with Pawneese and was beaten one and half lengths, with the 28 / 1 outsider Lagunette ( later to win the Irish Oaks in third.
- She was also the first British-trained female winner since the four-year-old Time Charter in 1983 and the first three-year-old filly to succeed since the French-trained Pawneese in 1976.
- In 1976, Timeform awarded her a rating of 122, making her nine pounds inferior to Pawneese, but described her as " undoubtedly the best three-year-old filly trained in either England or Ireland ".
- After her winning run was brought to an end by Pawneese in the Prix de Diane she rebounded to become the first three-year-old filly to win the weight-for-age Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.
More: 1 2