pawn endgame in a sentence
- If Topalov recaptured, Leko would transpose into a winning king-and-pawn endgame.
- Leko did nothing and Anand reached what should have been an easily drawn rook-and-pawn endgame.
- Kramnik forced a transposition to a rook and pawn endgame that was clearly drawn despite Kasparov's extra pawn.
- On the other two boards, the American found herself down a pawn in a rook-and-pawn endgame.
- A king and pawn endgame with an outside passed pawn should be a far easier win than a middlegame a rook ahead.
- It's difficult to find pawn endgame in a sentence.
- Unlike most positions, king and pawn endgames can usually be analyzed to a definite conclusion, given enough skill and time.
- But Shirov lost the thread of the position around move 40 and found himself in a difficult bishop-and-pawn endgame.
- One simple example of such a pattern is " triangulation " in a king and pawn endgame, such as in the diagrammed position.
- He is especially noted for his prolific output of pawn endgames with only kings and pawns on the board, where he had no equal.
- However, Chen fought back and might have won, but a blunder on the 33rd move landed her in a lost rook and pawns endgame.
- Kamsky, despite an even material rook-and-pawn endgame, has had to concede Karpov vastly superior mobility and annoying threats against his pawns.
- But it threw its pieces into battle, taking good posts away from the enemy forces, and held on in a rook-and-pawn endgame.
- An error in a king and pawn endgame almost always turns a win into a draw or a draw into a loss there is little chance for recovery.
- Leko managed to liquidate the position to a tense Rook and pawn endgame where Leko's precise defence nullified Kramnik's advantage, leading to a draw.
- But Deep Blue's defensive power was once more extraordinary : with great virtuosity, it fought through a grim rook-and-pawn endgame to a draw.
More: 1 2