pawn down in a sentence
- Karpov tried to gain counterplay by thrusting two central pawns down the board.
- In the sixth Schlechter managed to draw a game being a pawn down.
- The idea behind the move is to advance the a-pawn down the board to a4.
- Evgeny Bareev won by shoving his kingside pawns down the throat of England's Nigel Short.
- Peter Leko of Hungary won by shoving two connected passed pawns down Alexander Morozevich's throat.
- It's difficult to find pawn down in a sentence.
- A rook on the seventh rank is often considered sufficient draw, despite being a pawn down.
- For example, in Game 6, Kasparov was two pawns down, but found the marvelous queen post at f5.
- Peter Leko of Hungary won in round nine by shoving two connected passed pawns down Alexander Morozevich's throat.
- Kosteniuk could have resigned anytime after move 25, when she was an exchange and two pawns down with an exposed king.
- But the Indian marched a threatening pawn down to a3 and followed up with a series of pins and threats to win easily.
- Van Wely beat Classical World Champion Vladimir Kramnik of Russia by pushing his queenside pawns down his throat in the endgame after Kramnik blundered in trading queens.
- Despite being a pawn down, Indian grandmaster Viswanathan Anand held American Gata Kamsky to a draw in the fourth game of the Professional Chess Association candidates'final series here Monday.
- He was playing Black in all games, but was given pawn odds ( Rybka was playing each game a pawn down; different white pawn was removed in each game ).
- A pawn down, Adams was happy to take the draw with 42 . . . Bxf2 43 . Kxf2 Qc2 +, when White has no way to escape the perpetual check.
- Despite being a pawn down in an ending, Indian grandmaster Viswanathan Anand held American Gata Kamsky to a draw in the fourth game of the Professional Chess Association candidates'final series here Monday.
More: 1 2