pabst von ohain in a sentence
- "' Hans Joachim Pabst von Ohain "'( 14 December 191113 March 1998 ) was a German physicist, the designer of the first " operational " jet engine.
- He gave active support to his student Hans Joachim Pabst von Ohain when the latter began the first experiments on jet propulsion following completion of his doctoral thesis, in the Physics Institute but privately financed.
- "" . . . the first operational jet engine was designed in Germany by Hans Pabst von Ohain and powered the first jet-aircraft flight on Aug . 27, 1939 . " " Robert Curley, One Hundred Most Influential Inventors of All Time, 2010, page 237
- Citing Carl A . Brown's 1985 " A History of Aviation ", Tim Brady, the Dean of Aviation at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, wrote in 2000 : " the development of the jet is, broadly, the story of three men : Henri Coanda, Sir Frank Whittle, and Pabst von Ohain . . . " In 1990 at the 24th Symposium of the International Academy of Astronautics, one of the papers presented included this sentence : " It is to Henri Coanda ( 1886 1972 ), a world famous inventor and pioneer of jet flight, that space engineering owes beside one of the first model planes provided with a rocket engine ( 1905 ) the construction and engine experiment of the first jet aircraft, the'Coanda-1910'. " In 2007 in his popular book " Extreme Aircraft ", Ron Miller wrote that the powerplant in the Coand-1910 was one of the " earliest attempts " at a jet engine, but was unsuccessful it was " incapable of actual flight ", unlike the engines designed by Whittle and Ohain.
- It's difficult to find pabst von ohain in a sentence.