orifice plate in a sentence
- Under choked conditions, valves and calibrated orifice plates can be used to produce a desired mass flow rate.
- Some of these reservoirs are constructed across the river line, with the onward flow controlled by an orifice plate.
- Orifice plates are also used to reduce pressure or restrict flow, in which case they are often called restriction plates.
- The most common method of measuring gas flow is via differential pressure across an orifice plate inserted into a flow metering pipe.
- For example, in the case of an orifice flow meter, the differential pressure across the orifice plate is the primary flow element.
- It's difficult to find orifice plate in a sentence.
- Orifice plates as flow meters typically have a 5 to 1 speed range, while turbine meters may have up to 100 to 1 range.
- A venturi meter is more efficient, but usually more expensive and less accurate ( unless calibrated in a laboratory ) than an orifice plate.
- Orifice plates are small and inexpensive but do not recover the pressure drop as well as a venturi, nozzle, or venturi-nozzle does.
- However a newer V-Cone technology ( the inverse of orifice plate technology ) is being used to more accurately meter gas that contains some liquids.
- There are several situations in which choked flow occurs, such as the change of cross section in a de Laval nozzle or flow through an orifice plate.
- The orifice plate used to generate the slurry jet was a high-wear item and its materials of construction were also a focus of the development effort.
- However, a positive displacement meter can be considerably heavier and more costly than non-positive-displacement types such as orifice plates, magnetic or vortex flow meters.
- Conventional measurement principles, like positive displacement, turbine meters, orifice plates will seemingly continue to measure, but will not be able to inform the user about the occurrence of two-phase flow.
- A pilot two tonne per hour ( t / h ) Jameson Cell with a 100 mm downcomer and using an orifice plate to create the jet was tested in MIM's lead zinc concentrator.
- "' Bypass configuration "': A small Cyclonic Flow Meter can be assembled in a " by-pass " configuration across an orifice plate and calibrated as a single unit to obtain high flow rates.
More: 1 2
- orifice measurement in a sentence
- orifice meter in a sentence
- orifice metering in a sentence
- orifice of the body in a sentence
- orifice of the uterus in a sentence
- orifice plate nozzle in a sentence
- orifice restriction in a sentence
- orifice set in a sentence
- orifice size in a sentence
- orifice valve in a sentence