moored mine in a sentence
- However, " Salvor " towed ex-MK 5 Marine Mammal operations, and recovery of moored mines.
- This mine is mainly for riverine and coastal use and can also be used as part of the moored mine system.
- Three kinds of mines, processor based mine, moored mine and processor based exercise mine are in production for the Navy.
- Mechanical sweeps are devices designed to cut the anchoring cables of moored mines, and preferably attach a tag to help the subsequent localization and neutralization.
- The ASW equipment ( SONAR and LAPADS equipment ) normally fitted had been removed and prototype equipment designed to detect shallow moored mines was fitted instead.
- It's difficult to find moored mine in a sentence.
- Also in 1970, Fengxi Machinery Factory and Engineering Technology Equipment Research Institute begun to jointly develop a riverine moored mine that can be remotely controlled fuse.
- While patrolling upriver 7 July, she encountered and successfully swept two Confederate moored mines, among the first of their kind used in the Civil War.
- Anti-submarine nets were laid in North Bay, and eight lines of moored mines and a control centre on land protected the entrance of Saldanha Bay.
- The ALMDS is a sensor system designed to detect, classify, and localize floating and near-surface moored mines in littoral zones, straits, and choke points.
- The first three types of naval mines entered the Chinese service are all moored mines equipped with contact fuses, and all of them are developed by the Fengxi Machinery Factory.
- The first of these, Moored-1 ( Mao-1 ), a large sized moored mine entered mass production in 1962 after being tested multiple times and evaluated by the navy.
- On 13 June, two days after the fall, the Indian trawler " Parvati " became the last naval casualty of the East African Campaign when it struck a moored mine near Assab.
- The ATK / Raytheon ROV is a similar system, but has a tether cable, and also carries cable cutters for dealing with tethered or moored mines, and explosive charges to detonate the mines.
- The 12th, 13th and 14th Minesweeping Flotillas from Malta, two groups of minesweeping trawlers and smaller vessels cleared a channel through the minefields of the Sicilian Channel to Tripoli, removing nearly 200 moored mines.
- The more sophisticated influence mines had apparently been utilised in a defensive pattern off Buenos Aires, in case of a British attack on the mainland, and very simple contact moored mines were laid in the Falklands.
More: 1 2