monitorial in a sentence
- They established more than a hundred'monitorial'schools in the region.
- The Monitorial System and its variants found favour not just in Britain but also its Empire.
- Maeser incorporated the Monitorial System into his teaching philosophies and believed that students should each have responsibilities.
- Pillans introduced a version of the Bell Lancaster monitorial system, and his class doubled its numbers.
- He became greatly influenced by the ideas of Joseph Lancaster, who invented the monitorial system that bears his name.
- It's difficult to find monitorial in a sentence.
- This is a Monitorial System where the teacher teaches the more advanced students who then in turn teach the less advanced.
- Girard's application of the monitorial system was opposed by the bishop and the civil authorities of Fribourg in 1823.
- "' New York High School "'was the first monitorial system high school in the United States.
- In 1798, he founded a free elementary school in Borough Road, Southwark, using a variant of the monitorial system.
- The Lancasterian system ( or monitorial system ) used older children who had already been given some education to teach the younger children.
- On the other hand, people belonging to the lower economic stratum sent their children to the monitorial schools, which provided a basic education.
- CHS also has an Audio Visual Room, being in charged by the board of librarians and a auditorium, managed by the monitorial board.
- In the eighteenth century, wealth from the Andrew Bell pioneered the Monitorial System, which developed into the pupil-teacher system of training.
- The emphasis is not so much on information gathering as it is on keeping a watchful eye even while the monitorial citizen is doing something else.
- Some scholars assert that these new devices enable us to imagine a new form of citizenship ( the " monitorial citizen " ) that hinges on documentary practices.
More: 1 2