mink encephalopathy in a sentence
- Transmissible mink encephalopathy ( TME ) is a prion disease of mink, similar to BSE in cattle and scrapie in sheep.
- There's a similar story for prions connected with transmissible mink encephalopathy, or TME . The late Richard Marsh and his colleagues from the University of Wisconsin transmitted cloned TME prions to hamsters.
- The strongest evidence is an outbreak of mink encephalopathy ( a disorder similar to mad cow disease ) that occurred in 1985 in Stetsonville, Wis . The mink farmer did not feed commercial meal to his animals, Marsh said.
- Whether it is a disease of humans, cows, sheep ( in which it is known as scrapie, ) mink ( transmissible mink encephalopathy ) or deer and elk ( chronic wasting disease ), spongiform encephalopathy is a gruesome way to die, experts say.
- It's difficult to find mink encephalopathy in a sentence.