map and the territory in a sentence
- "The Map and the Territory " is Michel Houellebecq's fifth novel.
- The film was inspired by a rumour which occurred while Houellebecq was promoting his novel " The Map and the Territory ".
- In 2010, French author Michel Houellebecq published his novel, " La Carte et le Territoire ", translated into English as " The Map and the Territory ".
- His novel " The Map and the Territory " ( " La Carte et le Territoire " ) was released in September 2010 by Flammarion and won the prestigious Prix Goncourt.
- "The Map and the Territory " received the Prix Goncourt on 8 November 2010 on the first ballot with seven votes against two for " Apocalypse b閎?" by Virginie Despentes.
- It's difficult to find map and the territory in a sentence.
- It was published five years after his prior novel, " The Possibility of an Island " . " The Map and the Territory " was among the most eagerly awaited and discussed novels of the 2010 literary season in France.
- Baudrillard argues that in the postmodern epoch, the territory ceases to exist, and there is nothing left but the map; or indeed, the very concepts of the map and the territory have become indistinguishable, the distinction which once existed between them having been erased.
- Korzybski's argument about the map and the territory also influenced the Belgian surrealist writer of comics Jan Bucquoy for a storyline in his comic " Labyrinthe " : a map can never guarantee that one will find the way out, because the accumulation of events can change the way one looks at reality.