macassar oil in a sentence
- More: 1 2 3
- Macassar oil was an unguent for the hair commonly used by men in the early 19th century.
- Some species of Maple and ornamentals . " Schleichera trijuga " is the source of Indian macassar oil.
- The words " Macassar Oil " were registered as a trademark by A . Rowland & Sons, in 1888.
- Macassar oil was so named because it was reputed to have been manufactured from ingredients purchased in the port of Makassar in Indonesia.
- It was then not uncommon for barbers to make their own hair preparations, and around 1783 Rowland began offering Rowland's Macassar Oil.