low pressure cylinder in a sentence
- Aluminium cylinders are generally less negatively buoyant than steel cylinders of equivalent capacity, and high pressure cylinders more negative than low pressure cylinders of the same material.
- There were two high pressure cylinders, each measuring in diameter; one intermediate pressure cylinder measuring in diameter; and two low pressure cylinders, each measuring in diameter.
- An obituary in The Engineer ( 8 June 1906 ) criticised his express compound design, which used un-coupled high and low pressure cylinders, a design promoted by Webb alone.
- "Mona's Queen " was the last ship built for the Company to be fitted with high pressure cylinders was 50 inches, the diameter of the low pressure cylinders was 88 inches, both producing a stroke length of 72 inches.
- In 1862 the beam engine was compounded and with its high and low pressure cylinders, could develop about 260 h . p . at 49 or 50 r . p . m . for years everything in the mill owed its power to the beam engine.
- It's difficult to find low pressure cylinder in a sentence.
- Compared to other Mallet locomotives which were placed in service during the first decade of the SAR s existence, the Class ME was unique in being arranged as a simple expansion ( simplex ) locomotive with four high pressure cylinders, instead of the more usual compound expansion arrangement of two high pressure and two low pressure cylinders.
- Hence, to get from 1kPa to 1000Mpa, there would need to be six pistons, each 10x thinner in cross-section than the previous one . . . well, if the low pressure cylinder has the same area as your fingertip ( let's say 1cm x 1cm ) then the second is ~ 0.3mm, the third 1mm, then 0.3mm, then 0.1mm, and the last high pressure cylinder would be 0.03mm in diameter.