lateral wind in a sentence
- Its structure had not taken into account the stresses of lateral wind and storms.
- To cope with lateral winds and potential seismic forces, the shear walls were made with high-performance concrete.
- In fact, the lateral wind load imposed on super-tall structures is generally the governing factor in the structural design.
- Imagine a ball at a certain height falling on the surface of earth under the condition that no lateral wind force is applied.
- Railway engineer Mr Footner advised that the designers of the Tay Rail Bridge had not taken into account the stresses of lateral wind and storms.
- It's difficult to find lateral wind in a sentence.
- In the district of Kleve near the Dutch border, a 30-year-old man was killed when his car was rammed by a truck pushed into the wrong lane by lateral winds.
- The sides of the bridge are fitted with baffle plates to reduce lateral wind loads coming from the Severn Estuary onto the traffic; this has reduced the number of times that speed restrictions have been needed.
- Because of the current and the lateral wind forces, they would have described a large curve allowing for a sort of horizontal " sag " of the cables in order to prevent the tension to increase indefinitely.