lateral vibrations in a sentence
- On its opening day the bridge exhibited alarmingly large lateral vibrations.
- Both axial and lateral vibration was present in all cases.
- Unexpected lateral vibration ( resonant structural response ) caused the bridge to be closed on 12 June 2000 for modifications.
- When the wheel rotates, asymmetries of mass may cause it to hop or wobble, which can cause ride disturbances, usually vertical and lateral vibrations.
- This is different from an archtop instrument, where both longitudinal and lateral vibrations are translated to variation in the bridge's pushing down on the soundboard.
- It's difficult to find lateral vibrations in a sentence.
- The text studies vibrations, particularly transverse vibrations of an elastic string ( chapter 7 ), longitudinal vibrations of an elastic rod ( chapter 8 ), and lateral vibrations of a thin elastic rod ( chapter 9 ).
- :It'll certainly hear things-the modes of vibration of the string ( being a long, thin thing ) will be very different than the modes of the microphone pickup-the string will be highly susceptible to vibrations near to it's natural frequency and to lateral vibrations rather than vertical ones.