lateral vestibular nucleus in a sentence
- Lateral vestibulo-spinal tract ( lateral vestibular nucleus Deiters )-via ventrolateral medulla and spinal cord to ventral funiculus ( lumbo-sacral segments ) . . . Ipsilaterally for posture
- Fibres from the lateral vestibular nucleus also pass via the vestibulospinal tract, to anterior horn cells at many levels in the spinal cord, in order to co-ordinate head and trunk movements.
- In 1863 a German anatomist Otto Friedrich Karl Deiters described the existence of an unbranched tubular process ( the axon ) extending from some cells in the central nervous system, specifically from the lateral vestibular nucleus.
- His name is lent to the " nucleus of Deiters ", also called the lateral vestibular nucleus, and to " Deiters'cells ", structures that are associated with outer hair cells in the cochlea of the inner ear.
- It's difficult to find lateral vestibular nucleus in a sentence.