island slope in a sentence
- The island slopes downward from the cliffs to the surrounding Mediterranean sea.
- The main island slopes downward to the Aegean Sea.
- The loss of the native flora laid the island slopes open to erosion and colonization by European weeds that accompanied the settlers.
- Jersey, where the island slopes southwards, has concentrated on growing potatoes for centuries, Jersey Royals proving a great success since the 1880s with 70, 000 tons exported in 1891 to England.
- The eastern side of the island slopes downward in an easterly or southeasterly direction, with the angle of the slope increasing from around 3 degrees in the centre of the island to about 30 degrees on the east coast.
- It's difficult to find island slope in a sentence.
- The island slopes gently down to the sea at Glen Bay ( at the western end of the north coast ), but the rocks go straight into the sea at a shallow angle and landing here is not easy if there is any swell at all.