in sackcloth and ashes in a sentence
- Would he appear at court in sackcloth and ashes and full of confessions of self-loathing?
- The Associated Press wrote : " The City of Galveston is wrapped in sackcloth and ashes.
- And each time it did, the airlines wound up in sackcloth and ashes, and repenting of their financial sins.
- Tertullian ( c . 160 c . 225 ) said that confession of sin should be accompanied by lying in sackcloth and ashes.
- Uelmen said he came to court " in sackcloth and ashes, " a remark that failed to impress Marcia Clark, the chief prosecutor.
- It's difficult to find in sackcloth and ashes in a sentence.
- His " Tikkun Chatzos " ( midnight prayer service ) in sackcloth and ashes regularly lasted 6 7 hours, sometimes stretching as long as 12.
- Rather than dressing her in sackcloth and ashes, she " may meet us friendly and smiling, as long as the smile is chaste and the dress is white ".
- Woe to you, Bethsaida ! for if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
- He said he had spent his life serving " humanism and anti-fascism, " and felt " no need to dress myself in sackcloth and ashes ."
- He who is false to the prevailing orthodoxy ( radical conservatism nowadays ) must be stripped of his epaulets and sent forth in sackcloth and ashes for re-education in the purities of the dogma.
- Despite conspiracy theories by Rush Limbaugh and David Brudnoy that rival Oliver Stone's " JFK, " there are even a fair number of liberals walking around in sackcloth and ashes on the subject.
- Can you wait to see U . S . Rep . Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Houston, in sackcloth and ashes, inching on her knees up to the chosen collection plate and depositing her most recent $ 1, 000 from Enron biggies?
- LUKE 10 : 13 : " Woe to you, Chorazin ! woe to you Bethsaida ! for if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes ."
- Examples of the practice among Jews are found in several other books of the Bible, including Luke : " If the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago ( sitting ) in sackcloth and ashes ."
- I also understand that my good friend George Vecsey, a celebrated New York " redneck, " has dressed out in sackcloth and ashes and written a mournful piece about the damage we native Americans have done the original natives, stealing Indian names and all that chicanery.
More: 1 2