hug machines in a sentence
- Grandin solved this by designing the hug machine for sensory relief.
- Initially, Grandin's device met with disapproval as psychologists at her college sought to confiscate her prototype hug machine.
- See hug machine for a more extreme example of this . alteripse 03 : 22, 5 January 2006 ( UTC)
- When Ethan heads off to get a parting present for Kaitlin, Kaitlin gets one last hug from the hug machine.
- Her " hug machines " function by maintaining a constant pressure on the body, leading to a reduction in anxiety.
- It's difficult to find hug machines in a sentence.
- One of Jacob's collaborations has been the creation of the " Squeeze Chair ", inspired by Temple Grandin's hug machine.
- Grandin has written a paper on her'hug machine'and the effects of deep pressure stimulation that has been published in the " Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology ".
- She regularly takes antidepressants, but no longer uses a squeeze-box ( hug machine ), a device which she invented at the age of 18 as a form of stress relief therapy,
- In a February 2010 " Time " magazine interview, Grandin stated that she no longer uses a hug machine : " It broke two years ago, and I never got around to fixing it.
- Later, at an aunt's ranch, she saw how the cattle reacted to the squeeze chute, a metal device that holds animals in place for vaccinations and other procedures, and recognized it as a crude version of her dream of a hug machine.
- The idea for the hug machine came to her during a visit to her aunt's Arizona ranch, where she noted the way cattle were confined in a squeeze chute for inoculation, and how some of the cattle immediately calmed down after pressure was administered.
- Three such inventors are Temple Grandin with The Hug Machine Lisa Frazier, inventor of The Snug Vest [ http : / / www . snugvest . com; and the inventors of panic relief for dogs in The Anxiety Wrap and The Thunder Shirt [ http : / / www . thundershirt . com.
- At the Center for Neurological Studies in Glendale, Ariz ., Bill Kurtis, our host, finds agitated youngsters being quieted and reassured while in " a hug machine " that provides the same sort of comforting pressure the wheat box gives a horse . ( Without the wheat . ) It looks as if it works.
- One example of successful treatment of anxiety through application of constant body pressure by a wrap is that of Temple Grandin's " Hug machine . " Temple Grandin, after seeing how cattle would calm down while being put into a squeeze chute to receive their shots, developed a machine based on the same principle to treat the anxiety resulting from her own autism.
- "We have youngsters who will ask for it, " said Lorna Jean King, an occupational therapist and director of the Center for Neurodevelopment, in Phoenix, Ariz . " When they get nervous, they'll say, ` I need the hug machine .'Autistic kids are almost always hyper-responsive and don't want to be touched.
More: 1 2