grave stele in a sentence
- "It's like a grave stele on steroids ."
- Most burials are marked by grave steles, whereby the desired homogeneity of appearance is attained.
- It resembles a grave stele, and the picture suggests a coffin, more than a bed.
- Many statues and statuettes, friezes, columns, grave steles and epitaphs have been found during excavations.
- A marble grave stele of a little girl shows the chubby child clutching her two pet doves, as if saying farewell.
- It's difficult to find grave stele in a sentence.
- Another interesting exhibit in the museum is a grave stele with images marked on both its faces, made from Thacian marble.
- Hanging on the wall was a marble grave stele from Greece, fourth century B . C ., of a young girl.
- This allowed archaeologists to identify the depiction of a fasces on the grave stele of Avele Feluske, who is shown as a warrior wielding the fasces.
- He is offering a fifth-century B . C . Greek marble grave stele for $ 650, 000 that depicts a man walking with a staff.
- The same is true of the funerary sculpture, the marble grave steles that do so much to reinforce our sense of the primacy of the human figure.
- The chairs were designed by T . H . Robsjohn Gibbings, who took measured drawings of relief carvings of ancient Greeks seated in such chairs on memorial monuments known as grave stele.
- Completing the group are two 4th and 5th century B . C . grave steles depicting women holding similar figurines " to show that primarily these types of figurines were among these girls'toys,"
- Stone was only used a little, mostly in the so-called " deer stele, " probably anthropomorphic grave stele, which were decorated with deer and are found in south Siberia, Transbaikalia and Mongolia.
- The old cemetery in Athens is full of classical marble grave steles, circa 500 B . C ., with the faithful dog, the widow and the children carved in bas-relief, mourning their loss.
- This refers to the grave stele of C . Vibius Quartus, a Roman officer from the Roman colony of Philippi who was buried in the cemetery which lies beside the Via Egnatia which passes the foot of the tell.
More: 1 2